17 October, 2012

I'm finally here!!

Three weeks ago I made my final drive from Roma to Denman (for the time being) and was reunited with my gorgeous husband. While blogging wasn't at the top of  my list, I have been meaning to post to let you all know that I arrived safely and am enjoying slowly but surely putting my touch on our quaint little straw bale home. Quaint probably isn't quite the right word as you can see by the pictures below!
 
Our living room/kitchen/dining room.
 
 
Cute huh!


Denman is a lovely small country town. People are a little hesitant with us as in most small towns until they discover that no, we didn't move here because of mining jobs (M has a job at a power station and I'm still saying I'm a teacher). Our neighbours are a lovely older couple who can't do enough to help us settle in and I've already made a friend who I'm exercising with!! All great news and a great start in our new town.

 
Jess and I mid-way through a workout.
 
I've already had Marko working hard in the yard. We have cleared the old vegie patch and built 4 raised garden beds. I've planted seeds in one and some seedlings in the other. Brian (our landlord) is bringing a trailer load of compost on the weekend so I can set up the other two beds!!
 
 
 
I'm really excited about getting home grown vegies going!!!!
 
 
And so that is what has been happening here in beautiful NSW!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily-good to see you are settling in well and have made a good friend. The gardens look great.Miss you at craft-only Debra and I there on Tues.Keep on blogging!!
    Gayle

    ReplyDelete