28 October, 2012

Catching up....12WBT!!

After 8 months of no blogging I have a lot to catch up on so be warned in the coming weeks my blog will be back tracking a fair bit.

As you would remember we had a serious and traumatic flood event in Roma earlier this year and I helped coordinate the baking and distribution of food - mainly lunch and snack type food - to those affected who were cleaning the mud and filth from their homes. I found this week tiring physically and it only made me realise that my fluctuating weight didn't seam to be changing. I had read Women, Food and God and lost about 7kgs on my own, but I found if I wasn't reading the book every day to remind myself I couldn't sustain the thought patterns. So I rejoined weight watchers in October 2011. By Christmas '11 I'd lost about 12kgs but the going was seriously tough and I was very frustrated. I knew what I needed to do but committing to it was very hard.

 End 2010
 
 January 2012
 
February 2012
 
 
In the aftermath of the flood a couple of women I know started the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. I didn't really know anything about it. A few weeks later they invited me to join one of their Super Saturday Sessions and when I got there I was surprised to see an old friend from weight watchers there. We chatted while we worked out and by the end of the 2 hours I'd decided to try using the My fitness Pal ap and just try it for 2 weeks to see how I went.

The key to my success was that My fitness Pal and 12WBT looks at calories. I knew nothing about calories. I knew points and I was not tracking at all thinking I could just do it in my head. In two weeks of using My Fitness Pal I lost 4kgs. I decided there and then to join in with the girls for the remainder of Round 1 then to sign up to Round 2 of the 12WBT.

And here are the photos to show my progress!!!

March 2012
 
April 2012
 
April 2012
                                 
May 2012
 
August 2012
 
September 2012
 

When I started this weight loss journey back in 2010 I had hit a whopping 139.9kgs. Horrifying isn't it! I am now 105.9kgs with an impressive loss of 34kgs!!! Most of that I have lost this year on the Michelle Bridges 12WBT. I'm so committed to this program and I'm signing up for round 4!!
 
 
BRING
 
 
IT
 
 
ON!!!!

 
 
 
 

 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow Em. When you put all the photos out like that, you really can see the difference. Well done. It hasn't only changed your shape, but your outlook on life too. Keep it up.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb! Missing you and Tuesday nights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing Em and you inspire me everyday. I see your story and know how much you commit to putting your all into something. You are doing so well and I look forward to working out with you and seeing you reach every single one of your goals. I am so blessed to have met you and I know you have some wonderful friends you have had to leave. But I hope they know you are every bit as appreciated here and I'm looking forward to all our adventures in 12wbt, crafting, project life and building friendships.

    ReplyDelete