01 May, 2011

An early rise....

This morning I woke, needing to visit the house department as my DH would say, at 4am and then could not get back to sleep. So feeling inspired (and knowing we had no bread in the house) I set about making some. I got this recipe from the wonderful Becc, who found it in a book or on a website, I don't know which.

Anyway...

Wholemeal & Seed Bread (Annabel Longein)

Ingredients:
4 teaspoons of honey
7 teaspoons of yeast
2 3/4 cups of wholemeal flour
2 3/4 cups of plain flour
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups of seeds + extra to sprinkle

Method:
Mix 4 teaspoons of honey into 2 cups of very hot (not boiling) water and stir in 2 cups of cold water. Make sure the temperature is just warm. Add 7 teaspoons of yeast and allow to stand for 5 mins. It's ready when foam starts to form. Add all the flour, salt and seeds. Mix until combined. Put into 2 loaf tins and slash the top. Sprinkle with extra seeds. Bake at 80 C for 20 mins then 210 C for 30 mins. Cool on a wire rack. 

Mmmm smells great!!

They were a little difficult to get out, as they had spilled out over the edges...next time I'll use 3 tins I think!!

Cooling...

Scraping the spilled bits out of the oven...didn't think to put a tray underneath in case...oh well.

Now for the Banana and Raspberry bread...I'll post it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment