13 January, 2011

Baking Day!

Every now and then, usually on a weekend or during holidays, I get the baking bug. During these obsessive all consuming days, I bake a heap of 'stuff' then freeze it so that we don't eat it all at once. Like any good obsession I have a trigger - usually it is my husband asking me to make smoko for work or as a way of avoiding other things (housework and less fun activities). Today it was a combination of the two. I was so sick to my stomach watching the news about the horrific events in Toowoomba, the Lockyer Valley and the rising water in Brisbane. I decided that for my sanity I would tune out from the TV. I put on an audio book and started a baking frenzy. I baked two cakes and one batch of biscuits.

I made the following simply scrumptious Banana Cake with Lemon Icing. My darling friend Becc (whose blog rocks) gave me the recipe.

Becc's Banana Cake

1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon of orange juice or lemon juice
250g Bananas (approx 2)
1 cup of sugar
2 cups SR Flour
2 eggs
60g butter

Combine milk and juice. Peel and mash bananas. Add sugar, flour, beaten eggs, softened butter and combined milk & lemon juice. Beat on low until combined then on medium for 2 minutes. Turn the mix into a greased 23 x 12cm loaf tin whic has the base lined with baking paper. Bake in a low to moderate oven (180 C) for 45 minutes.

Icing:
1 1/4 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons of lemon juice

Sift icing sugar and add lemon juice gradually until icing is smooth. When cake is cool, ice.


Doesn't this look scrumptious!!!

I also baked a Cardamom cake and some delicious cookies! I'm planning to do some more baking tomorrow and we'll see what I can create then!!! The cake disappeared within only ten mins in Marko's work tea room. The guys almost inhaled it, so it must have been good.

Emily xoxo

2 comments:

  1. love it! and thankyou for the plug! xx Happy Baking xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! I want to make another one, but there are no bananas in town!! Gonna start freezing them like you do!!

    ReplyDelete