05 May, 2010

A week in the life album...

So I have watched in admiration as all those whose blogs I frequent have been displaying their absolutely devine Week in the Life albums with the Ali Edwards special templates. Unfortunately for me we aren't in the financial position for me to purchase the proper album and sleeves and templates from an overseas supplier (given that I live in Australia). So this week, while trying to take some candid shots at school of the kids that I can use to make up for the days where I took none, I have been racking my brain trying to find a way to do my Week in the Life album without costing me the earth.

I had a look back through Ali's posts around Week in the Life for the last couple of years and was pleased to see that her albums have changed over the years as well. I gave a sigh of relief that I could choose any replacement and by having simply documented the week I would still be creating something very valuable to us and our future family.

So, drum roll please, I have decided.

I am going to do a paper bag album. I can almost hear the shocks of horror... "A WHAT?" Yes a paper bag album. They are really easy to make and super duper fun because they have premade pockets in them. If I had thought this through a little better I would have taken photos as I went, but I didn't, but I will whip another up tomorrow and capture the process for my next post.

Back to my album. So I used paper bags already on hand, and a selection of co-ordinating ribbon and papers that I already had. So far it has cost me nothing additional from what was used from my stash....

and......


it.......


looks.......


like..............


this.............




That is all I've done. Across the dark brown section on the front page will be 7 small photos, one from each day. My journalling will go on large cards that will slide into the pockets between the pages....

Some of it will evolve as I go.

Amongst Ali's previous Week in the Life posts I saw that she created multiple embellishments in different colours. I decided to use this idea and made the following embellishments, again from my stash!




These ones are yet to have stitching on them and some ribbon.



These were inspired by a recent layout that my lovely new friend Autumn posted on her blog called 'Right Now'. Each of the cards starts with 'Right Now' at the top.



And these will be the date for each day.



And these are just plain cute.
So I will keep adding pics as I do more on my album. I'm actually really excited to be doing something a little different. It is more work than using the templates and the divided page protectors but I'm already thrilled with it and there is nothing inside yet!!
Now to start choosing my photos...aghh...the decisions are hard!!



1 comment:

  1. Love your color choice. Looking forward to see your complete project.

    ReplyDelete