20 April, 2010

It's Monday night, a school night, and here I am at 12:19 am still wide awake. What better time than this to enter my second post to my new blog!! As my mother would say, I must be worried about something if I can't sleep. Personally I think my brain is just over stimulated.

I have recently decided to take some control over my lack of confidence in my own artistic abilities. I love scrapbooking but find it difficult to trust my instincts, and as a result I inevitably end up lifting sketches by other more confident and capable scrappers. I drive Moira insane on Create-A-Weekend by endlessly asking her what I think of my papers, my layouts and my photos. No-one likes a desperately needy friend, and I tend to become that person sitting at our table surrounded by the talented ladies we know and love to scrap with.
So with that in mind, I asked Moira what she thought about me doing some classes. I know...the needy friend all over again. However she recommended the following classes, which I have signed up for, "Great photos with any camera" - Elisha S and "Design your life" - Cathy Zielske. Both are through Big Picture Scrapbooking (http://www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com/). I am really really excited about participating in both of these classes and can't wait to get started. I really just want to start right now!! So in the meantime I am trying to organise my workspace which currently looks like this:


Oh my goodness gracious me!!! Isn't that terrible. Well the good news is that I did lots of organising of my materials earlier in the week when I couldn't sleep, so this is mostly superficial stuff, all the stuff I didn't know where to put basically.
So my mission this weekend is to turn this disaster zone into a productive work area. I will make sure I document evidence of the monumental change that is about to take place. My new mottow will be "a place for everything and everything in it's place".

No comments:

Post a Comment